musings

THINKER NOT JUST A DOER !

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Random Acts of Goodness

Can there exist partial truth? And are we living in a partial world? Today we tend to do things in half measures and each one of us assumes that he / she is doing it the best and better than the rest. We have created a world of comparison and relativity where we are “good” in relation to either the society around us or our neighbors or spouse or family or friends .In today’s relative world absoluteness of existence seems to have lost its meaning .Here there seems to be a lack of complete understanding of life and its true nature .

The Realm of the relative, our world, was created for us to fully experience ourselves. Only when the knowledge of what is bad exists can we experience the knowledge of that which is good and thus be inspired to move towards the absolute goodness. Goodness no longer remains confined to a few random acts done to justify oneself but the way we live our lives in every breathe that we take and every thought that we think. In this way we move towards seeking absoluteness in every state of human existence.

We start living an existence where we stop feeling the need of anything less than the absolute. An existence which is life enhancing and all encompassing filling us to our core and has no room for the emptiness that getting caught in the web of relativity brings.

All Content including Pictures are Copyrighted 2006- 2008 © Shruti Bansal.
Copying or Using the content without permission is punishable and offenders will be liable for prosecution.

11 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, 04 July, 2007, Blogger Layon said…

    1. Live and let live: neither good nor bad
    2. Help and love: Good
    3. Hurt and hate: Bad
    4. Help, love but don’t get exploited: Smart and warm hearted.

    I am not a puritan, rather am (want to be) the 4th one.

     
  • At Wednesday, 04 July, 2007, Blogger Meenal said…

    ok ok.

     
  • At Wednesday, 04 July, 2007, Blogger shruti said…

    @layon - Thanks for the comment . I wouldnt really go into the definitions of good and bad . Just the absoluteness of any action that you undertake and thoughts that come into your mind and that necessarily doesnt mean that one would end up being exploited . No 4 that you state is again conditional and hence violates absolutes . We are always categorising and rationalising our actions and that is where humanity falters .

     
  • At Wednesday, 04 July, 2007, Blogger Layon said…

    Frankly speaking, absolute is hypothetical, unrealistic; absolute is GOD, not human being. My experience says: it is extremely dangerous to run after something impossible. You turn introvert, become conscious of your faults, and lose self-respect realizing that you can never become what you want to be. Sometimes it is good to realize our limitations...u wanna give a go for the absolute?...Good luck, won’t discourage you...but trust me...a very different experience is waiting for you which you can’t anticipate now.

     
  • At Wednesday, 04 July, 2007, Blogger shruti said…

    @layon-I just meant to present my point of view .Let me ask you something . DO you mean to say you have experienced everything there is to exp in life ? And if thats not true then how can you base important life inferences on what you havent even experienced yet .

    When I said absolute I did mean God and when I aim for that I realise that the limitations exist only in my mind and reality exists in the form that you see it .As far as being an introvert or losing self respect is concerned I see no logic in how pursuing our strengths ( ie the God within each of us - the absolute in us ) can make us weak . It did the exact opposite to me .
    In my blog I just present what I experience of life and it is in no way meant to belittle anyone because we are all the same and will reach the same destination . Travellers on the same journey .Sorry if anything I wrote offended you .

     
  • At Wednesday, 04 July, 2007, Blogger Layon said…

    No question of offense yaar , but I thought the same way that you are writing when I was around 14...and the experience has been really bitter... I have said what had happened to me...that is my experience of long five years when I lost many things in the process to come out of this too-much self consciousness. When I saw you going through the same thought process...I thought of saying that clearly...I don’t want to see anyone going through the same pain.

    I should have placed my opinion respecting yours ...may be I was somehow less sensible in that...we have different points of views...sorry for that

     
  • At Thursday, 05 July, 2007, Blogger shruti said…

    @layon - Yes we have had diff exp witht he same thing and hence diff point of views .Thanks for being concerned but somehow this awakening is manisfesting itslef in a diff form in my life .

     
  • At Friday, 06 July, 2007, Blogger aks said…

    hey shruti...
    nicely crafted...remember tat everything is relative..theres no love without hate..no good without bad...no absoluteness without XXX(actually searched the net for an antonym for absoluteness but came up with nothing good so XXX)....so everything is relative

     
  • At Saturday, 07 July, 2007, Blogger shruti said…

    @aks ..Thanks for the lovely comment...yep true relativity is very imp ..but for the purpose for which it was meant ..once that purpose is served we need to move on ... I am actually glad you couldnt find an antonym for absoluteness because to be honest I feel it cannot be measured and it an absolute satte of existencethe perception of relativity is lost .

     
  • At Sunday, 29 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To the author: have you heard of Sahaja Yoga?

    The website is http://www.sahajayoga.org

    Maybe after you perform the Self-Realization experiment you can get an answer to your search.

     
  • At Sunday, 29 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry, I didn't edit the hyperlink properly.

    The web site is Sahaja Yoga.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Online Users