musings

THINKER NOT JUST A DOER !

Monday, December 18, 2006

When the sun shines

I like to feel the sunbeams on my back for as long as I can remember. Soak in the warmth and the belongingness. Winter has never found favor with me. It is akin to darkness that signifies a loss taking me away from my true self .I don’t know the reason for this strong affinity but it stems from a deeper sub conscious level.

As I sat reflecting on these thoughts mulled into silence by the powerfulness of what I was experiencing I was realizing many untold and unacknowledged truths. Things I inherently understood but couldn’t define before I started reading this book suggested by a chance meeting with a stranger on my flight to Bombay .The books seemed to reinforce so many of my recently acquired beliefs giving them shape and form. It was as if I was meant to read it.

As a kid I always had this strange drive to excel. It made me do exceptional things like study under the blanket in 103 fever. There was this fire inside that propelled me to challenge the world – whom in particular was I trying to impress I didn’t know. Why was I doing this – I didn’t know. What would I gain? Some momentary acknowledgement and reckoning from fake people whom it didn’t really matter whether I impressed or not. Then why was I doing this? And where did peace and satisfaction lie. As my thoughts changed the path they had always tread I realized as a child our motivations are limited by our knowledge and what is fed to us from the world around us. But when we stay in isolation with ourselves is when we realize our innermost self and our true motivators.

I always was a loner of sorts having a world of my own in which I would get lost. Thus when I was with myself alone- totally alone for the first time in my life that my mind started opening to unexplored thoughts like a river waiting to overflow its banks. I started reading new things, exploring new thoughts, pursuing forgotten hobbies, developing new ones, appreciating what I had never appreciated as a kid and discarding old beliefs. I started acquiring a mind of my own. A mind and a thought process which was carved out of my isolation by following what my instincts wanted me to follow without any influences or someone’s else’s interpretations to my realities. This is also when I started to blog and write. Everything that was surging inside me, these new findings wanted an outlet, wanted to be told.

There were times when I felt weak, when the new journey I had embarked on didn’t seem to give the support I wanted.So little I knew, there was no ratification from people I knew. What appeared scary was at times these beliefs seemed to appear fatalistic as they killed the negativity, the angst inside me. I no longer felt that drive, that mindlessness that formed part of a younger me. But I liked these new beliefs and I held on. I searched for guidance and ways of keeping the fire alive, and found it. I again wanted to excel but on a different path and in a different way. There was still a race to be won but of a different kind and with a core far more stronger and substantial.

Today my beliefs have become a way of life for me. I see a different tomorrow. A different sun shines on my path. I feel guided to a newer world based on a different construct. One that makes me feels inherently happy and complete. An existence freed from all the negativities that plague human existence. I now know where peace lies inside me and what path I have to follow. It is hazy but it is there and every step I take guides me to the next.

All Content including Pictures are Copyrighted 2006- 2008 © Shruti Bansal.
Copying or Using the content without permission is punishable and offenders will be liable for prosecution.

11 Comments:

  • At Thursday, 21 December, 2006, Blogger AK said…

    Winters? you have winters in Cal??
    I thought it was too hot

    By the way, I am in US right now

     
  • At Thursday, 21 December, 2006, Blogger bhupesh said…

    With thinkers like you life will always be positive,one step ahead of the rest of the world.B'coz you think deep from your soul.Keep on,forge ahead, I'm sure there is no retreat.You have excelled in 27 years of your existence and will continue to do so with such noble thoughts. By the way,when did you move to Bangalore?

     
  • At Friday, 22 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Winters are new beginnings...it is when a soul, fatigued by its battle against the sun, sheds its layers. It doesn't need the wall of defence, it is free to be what it is, bare and naked. All set for life again. Winters are beautiful.

    You write well. Would love to read more of you. Thanks for visiting my blog.

     
  • At Saturday, 23 December, 2006, Blogger Mind Curry said…

    wow....what a piece..this kind of stuff i totally love shruti!! i think we both share a lot of similarities..not that i excelled in anything ;) but you know..thinking wise..anyway..will be back with more thoughts..now let me read your post again :)

     
  • At Saturday, 23 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    On material terms, I have never been able to offset mediocrity in any real way. I dont think I have even tried. Not as child, not as man.
    But I am happy.I dont suffer, because I shut off my pain receptors. I see what I want to see, and ONLY what I want to see.

    But I wish struggle and success gave me that rush - like what I see in your post. It would be so much more exciting.

    Came blog hopping. Liked this one.
    :)

     
  • At Wednesday, 27 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmmm... i think this is the best u hav ever said or written...the way u define things i seriously get lost in ur thoughts...ur take on winters is sumthing i beg to differ and personally fear lonliness!!!!u knw that??? but bottomline is that... u rock!!!!!everytime i read ur stuff i come up with sumthing new about how life can be... a new insight to life!!!!girl u get me thinkin... thinkin hard...lov u di...keep it up...

     
  • At Wednesday, 27 December, 2006, Blogger shruti said…

    @abhishek - hmm is tht all you could comment after I wrote so much of philo comet dear . So how has life been treating you ?.. glad to know ur in US ..but nothing beats India .BTW am no longer in cal ..left Eveready and cal behind ..life is moving ahead and am swimming along ..loved cal thou ..miss it .

    Bhupesh - Thanks for such sweet comments . I am a mere spec in the expanse of the universe ..and nowhere near to what one can achieve ,,but yes I have always tried to learn from life and never been scared of making mistakes . I have also allowed myself to change with time which is something I sadly see people resist and waste away a precious lifetime which could have been spent for its true purpose . We get caught up in the results of an experience - good or bad instead of analysising it and saying - oh so this is what I learnt new from it .Good I will keep that in mind without attaching oneself to the fact that it was a pleasurable or painful experience and getting caught up in it instead of leaving in behind and moving to the next experience .

    @ bleddy blogger - hmmm nice way to look at winter ...just that my threshold level is very low for cold weather...cant tolerate low temperatures ..but I am sure those who enjoy it see the beauty in it . We dont knw why we like somethings and dislike other . Its inherent as if acquired from a previous lifetime or previous deeds ..strange and worth pondering over .Thanks for visiting my blog too.

    @mind curry - Thanks dear . Your comments always make my writings more precious to me . I think we all try to master life in our own ways and each one of us excels if we are able to learn what God intented us to .We loose the purpose of life running after material achievements which are just that - material and will aneways not remain with us .Will look forward to more comments.

    @Toothless wonder -
    "On material terms, I have never been able to offset mediocrity in any real way" - anything material doesnt really matter hence where is the question of mediocricy . I dont think mediocricy really exists ..what exists is laziness and lack of will to really try and understand life ..we use too little of the brains God has only bestowed upon Man of all his creations - what a waste ! There is no real pain since pain like pleasure is short lived and is actually a medium to understand life .
    Struggle and success did give me a rush but those motivators have now changed . But yes I do want to succeed and that just means I am not being lazy not that I am better than anyone .We are actually all equal and we have to go through all the various experiences if not this lifetime then in some other .

    @Shrestha- Hi sweetheart ! Well I am glad that my posts make you think ! I am so so glad because I knew that your have depth in you . I have learnt a lot of nice things from you dear and your a gem - my gem .s far as winter goes you know na what winter did to my CAT exams - my body just cant take cold weather !!!
    Also never fear loniless because then you will be doing things out of compulsion and not choice .Infact throw the word fear out of your vocabulary .Love u too and yes do do read this book - its really making me think and think hard - ONLY LOVE IS REAL by Dr. BRIAN WEISS .

     
  • At Friday, 29 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "...and we have to go through all the various experiences if not this lifetime then in some other"
    ok 10 points to you.
    you scared me. *rolls eyes*
    :)
    have a great new year!

     
  • At Saturday, 30 December, 2006, Blogger Padakkam said…

    hey ....
    well u sound different not only in real life but also in ur blogs... hope ur new life in blore makes ur life more enjoyable and memorable ....

     
  • At Tuesday, 02 January, 2007, Blogger shruti said…

    @ toothless wonder - he he tht was precisely the intention ..**grin** . HAppy NEw YEar to U too !!!
    @Binu - Thanks , I feel my new life in BAngalore is going to teach me a lot . Am happy as long as I am not stagnating .

     
  • At Sunday, 14 January, 2007, Blogger Suchintya said…

    since people here seem to know what is materialistic, I would like to assume that they also know what is not materialistic... so my question: is putting on the AC in the car materialistic?? what about when you insist on a bottle of mineral water or coke, instead of the water that the chaatwaala gives you to drink??? or closer home, writing this blog post sitting in a comfortable chair or bed, would you have been able to do this had not been materialistic???

    By the way, you write good, and there's a kind of honesty... I like that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Online Users