musings

THINKER NOT JUST A DOER !

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

BEFORE SUNSET

I saw a beautiful movie today with the same title. I had wanted to see it for a long time but somehow never managed to. Either the CD was not working or I couldn’t get another copy. However before leaving Calcutta I had managed to get hold of it and download it on my computer.

So as I was seeing this movie I realized how much it was close to how I viewed and lead my life. The entire movie deals with a chance meeting of two strangers who really connect .The movie is about their conversations. As one of them says – to communicate with people is really hard. Yet I love to do that the most as did the two protagonists.

As both of them exchanged thoughts and ideas and merely conversed I was drawn into a world where I would just travel meet such people converse with them, exchange ideas – have intellectually stimulating conversations. Although very real yet it felt so unreal because of such a lack of interest amongst people I meet to actually engage in stimulating conversations and think beyond having fun and enjoyment.

Like the shades of a rainbow life should have different experiences. Weekend doesn’t only mean partying, watching a movie, downing some drinks, or going on a trek in short doing things that you consider enjoyment and have always done. A weekend could also mean doing something you have never done before. Experiencing something totally new. Seeing a new shade of life, tasting life anew.

As again I got pulled into the magic that the conversation between the two was weaving on me as it ranged from life and living in the moment to selflessness and humility of people who actually know how to give and help ,I wanted the freedom to soar like them badly .Dream and fly on thoughts that had wings , that grew from each other , that wanted us to explore this beautiful world around us that lay without even the surface of it being touched by the vast humanity that existed on it but didn’t understand it . I yearned for a different world. My world.

All Content including Pictures are Copyrighted 2006- 2008 © Shruti Bansal.
Copying or Using the content without permission is punishable and offenders will be liable for prosecution.

8 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, 24 January, 2007, Blogger Venkat said…

    I have met a couple of people during my treks, who really relate well.

    Getting a good travel mate is a blessing - if he/she happens to match your wavelength, then you have got something to cherish.

    an intellectually stimulating conversation is better than anything in this world.

     
  • At Friday, 09 February, 2007, Blogger Suchintya said…

    there's a movie called "Before Sunrise" that logically precedes this one... and more innocence, rather unburdened.

     
  • At Friday, 16 February, 2007, Blogger rahul mourya said…

    tht's life..
    go on searching searching until u loose urself..

     
  • At Saturday, 03 March, 2007, Blogger MC said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At Saturday, 03 March, 2007, Blogger Mind Curry said…

    have you seen "after the sunset"? :)

    what you said is very true.. i dont know about others..but i think like you, i also have this, perhaps partially imaginary, separate world that i construct with my mind. sometimes reality plays spoilsport and ruins the walls of this world. but its a strong strong walled world.

    sounds stupid i am sure..

    but perhaps thats why i seldom have an interesting conversation myself. i am a better listener :P

     
  • At Monday, 02 July, 2007, Blogger Raj said…

    hi shruti!

    its me Raj, we met in Panchgani.

    I have seen the movie and liked it. But not as much as i liked the 1st one. Before Sunsrise, have u seen it?

     
  • At Tuesday, 03 July, 2007, Blogger shruti said…

    Hey raj ..how are you ? I remember panchgani and all the interactions pretty well . Yes I saw the first movie after writing this post but I feel both movies stand out in their particular messages . The 2nd movie also makes a poignant statement especially about what we think lays in store for us when we are young and what happens when reality catches up with us .Nice to hear from you .

     
  • At Thursday, 27 December, 2007, Blogger shrestha said…

    hey!i lov the line wich says that
    we should expierence sumthing totally new...but that needs courage n sumtimes the will to be differnt without the fear of rejection or want of appreciation!!
    how often do we take the initiative to start a conversation with a stranger,or evn reply truly to one!!
    ready to accept things or thoughts need a thorough introspection of own self n thn a truthful assesment based on it!!!
    sounds easy???
    i wish ....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Online Users